Wednesday, August 16, 2006

inside and outside knowledge

Ahhh...I discovered I can write in different colours!
I suppose inside knowledge in education is knowledge about the TOPIC, eg. Hamlet. Why did he wait so long to kill Claudius? What is his mother's name? etc... I suppose OUTSIDE knowledge would be how teaching this can can help students to think about life outside the school walls. How does Ophelia's journey and fate as a woman reflect the role of women in society today? Have things changed? What can we do make sure the women in this class are not subject to this kind of treatment in the future?...This is NOT me being feminist. Just using it as an example. I suppose , using my method area to create politically minded, aware and active students is building and strengthening the student's outside knowledge. It relates to life OUTSIDE!

1 Comments:

At 4:21 AM, Blogger ant said...

from naught to a hundred in how many seconds?

The first to stress, is the first to post.

Congratulations Sarah!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home