Monday, October 09, 2006

Any Ideas?

Hi all,
Sarah AGAIN.
I'm having a bit of a hard time right now staying motivated. I have these great lessons lined up that if I was at school, would be extatic to take part in, yet no matter how hard I work, I don't think the relationship I want to develop with these students can be created in three weeks. Is it possible to undo 15 or 16 years of a certain attitiude to formal education in just three weeks. Can students attitude towards teachers and learning change so quickly. I feel like I want to do so much in so little time and when kids don't respond to my lessons it's tough. The kids LIKE me. I have a good friendship with them. That's the easy part. I don't have TIME to start from scratch with these studemts because there are marks to be allocated to me, Im being wathed 24/7 and I teach to please my supervisor most of the time and that makes me feel awful. But I want a job at this school so is that the right thing to do?
It's funny actually because when my supervisor went out of the room today, I felt fantastic, unreserved, and the kids actually worked really well for that five minutes. How can I cheat these kids out of an education?...so to speak?
When I start to use my own methods of teaching, my supervisor buts in and takes over so I feel really trapped.
Anyway,maybe someone could be so kind as to lend one or two sentences of advice to a lost soul!
I hope all your rounds are going well.
Next time we're in schools, there'll be no bloody supervisors! Hoorah!
Sarah

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home